The University of Southern Mississippi chapter of the Association of Office Professionals (AOP) held its annual Bosses’ Luncheon recently on the Hattiesburg campus. At the event, the chapter named its Educational Office Professional of the Year and the Educational Administrator of the Year.
· Educational Office Professional of the Year- April Woodall, administrative assistant- Union and Programs
· Educational Administrator of the Year - Dr. Lance Nail, dean and professor of finance, College of Business
AOP officers for 2012-2013 were also announced at the luncheon. They include:
· Connie Knight, President
· Kathy Oliver, Vice President
· Angela Hines, Secretary
· Jacqueline Sims, Treasurer
· Crystal Hay, Director- Gulf Coast Campus
· Delores McNair, Immediate Past President
The Southern Miss chapter of the AOP was founded in 1974. Its mission is to elevate the standards of the organization; advance the general welfare of its members; provide an organized means of communication among members throughout Southern Miss campuses; and foster better relationships and understanding among members and to pool ideas, thereby promoting an overall better educational system at Southern Miss.
For more information about the AOP, online visit www.usm.edu/aop.