Each year, The University of Southern Mississippi hosts its Founders Day Ceremony in conjunction with the founding of the University on March 30, 1910. During this ceremony, faculty, staff and students are recognized for their accomplishments and awards are presented to deserving recipients.
Exemplifying the excellence demonstrated in the College, several college faculty, staff and students that were recognized during this year's ceremony included:
· Ms. Mary Ann Schaub, Assistant Professor for the Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences, was inducted into the 2013 Centennial Legacy Circle. This prestigious group recognized more than 40 years of continuous service to the University.
· Dr. Scott Piland, Associate Professor for the School of Human Performance and Recreation, received the 2013 Innovation and Multidisciplinary Award.
· Mrs. Jennifer Downey, Director of Research Support for the College of Health, received the Research Advocate Award.
· Ms. Lauren Barrios, exercise science major from Westwego, LA, and Mr. Chad Lyman, exercise science major from Mobile, Al, was inducted into the Student Hall of Fame.
· Ms. Crystal Johnson, health policy and administration major from Edwards, MS, was inducted as treasurer into the Student Government Association.
Dr. Michael Forster, dean of the College of Health, reflects on these awards by stating, “Once again I am impressed by the extraordinary dedication, hard work, and achievements of the faculty, staff and students of the College of Health.”
For more information on the Southern Miss College of Health, call 601.266.5253 or visit www.usm.edu/health.