The Southern Connection Leadership Team has been selected for the upcoming 2014 – 2015 academic year.
Throughout the year, the team of student leaders will serve as hosts for orientation and registration events, Gold Rush, and as leadership ambassadors for a variety of university events, including Commencement and Welcome Week.
After completing an application and interview process, the students were selected based on leadership and communication skills, a desire to help new and returning students, creativity and commitment, and Southern Miss spirit. Members also receive a $500 scholarship for their commitment to the leadership team.
The following students were selected to serve on the Southern Connection Leadership Team for the 2014-2015 academic year:
- Lauren Atchison of Biloxi, nursing
- Monique Betting of Biloxi, biological sciences
- Alyssa Comfort of Diamondhead, marketing
- Bethany Cuevas of Long Beach, elementary education
- William “Corey” Eggers of Biloxi, biological sciences
- Christopher Griffin of Gulfport, marine biology
- Mary Maner of Gautier, marketing
- Melanie McLeod of Long Beach, English licensure
- Sarah Pennington of Vancleave, marketing
- Stewart Ray of Ocean Springs, environmental biology
- Bianca Stewart of Gulfport, geography
- Hayley Whitehead of Ocean Springs, history licensure
For more information about the Southern Connection Leadership Team at Southern Miss Gulf Coast, visit www.usm.edu/gulfcoast/student-life/about-southern-connection-leadership-....