Members of the executive cabinet of The University of Southern Mississippi StudentGovernment Association (SGA) were chosen during elections held Tuesday on the Hattiesburg campus.
Newly elected officers include the following:
· President: Erick Brown, a junior sociology major from Columbus, Miss. A Presidential Scholar and Honors Collegestudent, Brown was named an Outstanding Freshman Male and is an Honors College ambassador. He is a member of Southern Style 2011; Alpha Epsilon Delta Pre-Professional Honorary; The Legacy; the American Medical Student Association; the Sociology Club; and the University Creed Team. A Dean’s List scholar, he is the son of James and Virginia Brown of Columbus, Miss.
· Vice President: Jeffery McClendon, a sophomore English and political science double major from Greenville, Miss. He is a Luckyday Citizenship and Foundation Scholarand a member of the Luckyday Leadership Team. A recipient of the Golden Eagle Opportunity Award, McClendon’s other campus activities include Southern Style 2011; Residence Life Judicial Board (President); Pre-Law Society; Political Science Club; Freshman Associates; Residence Hall Association delegate; and 2010 Golden Eagle Welcome Week crew. He is the son of Jeff and Shellie McClendon of Greenville, Miss.
· Attorney General: Rebecca Masters, a junior nutrition and dietetics major from Ellisville, Miss. Masters is a member of Southern Style 2010; a student in the Honors College; a Luckyday Citizenship Scholar and vice president of the Luckyday Leadership Team and a Luckyday Mentor. Chosen as a Most Outstanding Freshman Female, Masters is also a member of the SGA Judicial Board; Lambda Sigma Honorary; the 2011 Golden Eagle Welcome Weekend Executive Board; the Southern Miss Women’s Soccer Team; and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes Leadership Team. She is the daughter of Eddie and Kathy Masters of Ellisville, Miss.
· Election Commissioner: Jessica Dominguez, a junior elementary education major from New Orleans. Dominguez is a President’s List and Golden Eagle scholar and was named an Outstanding Freshman Female. She served with Southern Style in 2010; is a member of Delta Delta Delta sorority; is Academic Affairs chair; served as executive director for Eaglepalooza; and is a member of Golden Key Honor Society, Lambda Sigma and Eagle Connection. She is the daughter of Virna and Jorge Dominguez of New Orleans.
· Treasurer: Davontae Washington, a junior business management major from Hattiesburg. A Leadership Scholar, he was named a Centennial Celebration Most Outstanding Freshman Male. Washington is also a Dean’s List scholar and is a member of Delta Sigma Pi Professional Fraternity; Freshman Associates, Golden Eagle Welcome Week Crew 2010; Eagle Connection; Men of Excellence; and a founding member of Students Against Destructive Decisions(SADD). He is the son of Pearline Martin of Hattiesburg.
For more information about the Southern Miss Student Government Association, online visit http://www.usm.edu/sga/